Monday, April 30, 2018

The Gift of the Spirit - Wonder and Awe

This morning I received a daily meditation I subscribe to from Abbey of the Arts.  It reminded me how connected we are to nature.  We even depend on it for the oxygen we need to breathe.

Most of us have learned about photosynthesis and the way plants make oxygen at some point in our schooling.  For many of us, including myself, that was also a long time ago.  It is something I really take for granted.  I had to look up "where does oxygen come from?" to find that at least half of the oxygen we breathe comes from plankton in the ocean.  The other part comes from land based flora and fauna.



As I strolled around our yard this morning looking at some of our plants beginning to emerge again from the ground, I was struck with that sense of wonder and awe.  It is a sense of the wonder and awe of God.  God created these little plants and buds.  They in themselves are an awe inspiring gift.  Just focus on one little new leaf emerging and consider its gift of oxygen to us.  The little leaf begins to seem like so much more. 

Maybe that is like the Gift of the Holy Spirit of the Wonder and Awe of God.  God is so much more than we can ever imagine.

Here is a Link to Abbey of the Arts and a screen shot of the daily email I received today:

https://mailchi.mp/abbeyofthearts/daily-nourishment-from-abbey-of-the-arts-march-2226885
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Wonder as I Wander - The First Gift of the Holy Spirit?

This morning I found myself staring, somewhat mesmerized, at the little junco in our bird feeder.  The song that came to me was I Wonder a...